Uplifting or splitting of the EPDM roofing membrane (the material that covers the roof) or decking on flat roofs. Punctures in the roof caused by debris hitting it.
Cracking or other age-related deterioration. This is typically most apparent on southern exposures, and especially on wood or composition shingles.
Damaged roof-mounted vents or air-conditioning equipment.
Stripped ridge tiles, or missing or broken tiles on concrete or clay roofs.
This can be caused by:
- Hail or from toxic substances in seedpods.
- Stripped or torn shingles on fiberglass, or cedar roofs
- Algae growth from poor drainage.
- Previous roof repairs.
- Rotted or rusted decking.
- Worn or rusted flashing.
- Wrinkled roofing membrane.
- Holes from missing shingles or other roofing materials.